The Presbyterian Church in America
Trinity Church of Winston-Salem is happy to be a member of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA). The PCA extends throughout the United States and Canada, and includes over 1,450 churches with over 370,000 members. In our region called the Piedmont Triad Presbytery, there are over a dozen churches from Yadkinville to Burlington to Lexington and a college ministry at Wake Forest University called Reformed University Fellowship. Under the final authority of the Holy Scriptures, all PCA churches are governed by the Book of Church Order and confess the doctrine of the Westminster Standards.
Our membership in the PCA enables us to:
- Demonstrate institutionally the organic and catholic unity of the body of Christ brought about by the Holy Spirit,
- Partner with other churches sharing our convictions to plant new churches throughout the world,
- Be accountable and provide accountability to other churches regarding doctrine and conduct,
- Handle church conflicts in an orderly and peaceful way through mediation and appeal, and
- Examine and test ministers of the gospel by proven pastors using uniform standards.